- 80 IA benefit for projects now stands withdrawn from 2017
- Accelerated Depreciation stands at 40%
- Allocated an outlay of above Rs.10,000 crore for 2016-17. This outlay includes Rs.5,000 crore from the National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF) with the balance coming from Internal & Extra Budgetary Resource (IEBR). A significant part of viability gap funding for solar power projects is intended to be financed out of such cash outlay.
- On the taxation front, the clean environment cess on coal, lignite and peat has been doubled from Rs.200 per tonne to Rs.400 per tonne; encouraging the use of renewable sources of energy
- 7,000 railway stations with solar power in the medium term currently in only 300 stations. Work will be taken up for 2,000 railway stations as part of 1000 MW solar mission.
- Government now propose to take up the second phase of Solar Park development for additional 20,000 MW capacity.
- Solar tempered glass for use in the manufacture of solar cells/panels/modules , Basic Customs Duty reduced to NIL from current rates of 5%
- Parts/raw materials for use in the manufacture of solar tempered glass for use in solar photovoltaic cells/modules, solar power generating equipment or systems, flat plate solar collector, solar photovoltaic module and panel for water pumping and other applications, subject to actual user condition, CVD reduced to 6% from current rates of 12.5%
- All items of machinery required for fuel cell based power generating systems to be set up in the country or for demonstration purposes, subject to certain specified conditions , BCD Reduced to 5% from 10%/7.5% and CVD Reduced to 6% from 12.5%
- All items of machinery required for balance of systems operating on biogas/ bio-methane/ by-product hydrogen, subject to certain specified conditions , BCD Reduced to 5% from 10%/7.5% and CVD Reduced to 6% from 12.5%
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy will get budget allocation of Rs.5473 Crores in FY 2017-18, up from Rs.5036 Crores in FY 2016-17
- Pilot plants for environment friendly disposal of solid waste and conversion of biodegradable waste to energy are being set up at New Delhi and Jaipur railway stations. Five more such solid waste management plants are now being taken up.
- Resin and catalyst for use in the manufacture of cast components for Wind Operated Energy Generators [WOEG], subject to actual user condition , BCD reduced to 5% from 7.5%, CVD reduced to NIL from 12.5%, SAD reduced to NIL from 4%
- India is on its way to achiev 100% village electrification by 1st May 2018. An increased allocation of ` 4,814 crores has been proposed under the Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana in 2017-18.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GUIDELINES FOR CAPITAL SUBSIDY SCHEME OF GOVERNMENT OF INDIA FOR PROMOTING SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC (SPV) WATER PUMPING SYSTEMS FOR IRRIGATION PURPOSE
- MNRE brings back 30% subsidy for Solar Rooftops but excludes Commercial and Industrial establishments
- Andhra Pradesh Solar Rooftop PV Power Systems – Net Metering. Total 50% subsidy upto 3KW provided
- MERC reduces MSEDCL Power Tariff from 1st June 2015
- Charanka - Gujarat Solar Park
- List Of Solar PV Projects Under JNNSM Phase I Batch II that have achieved Financial Closure As Per Schedule
- About Us
- How will GST impact Solar Projects in India
- Benchmark Cost for “Off-grid and Decentralized Solar PV Applications Programme” for the year 2017-18
- Benchmark Cost for “Grid Connected Rooftop and Small Solar Power Plants Programme” for the year 2017-18
- MNRE does not sanction projects to Channel Partners or release subsidy directly to users. The release subsidy is through State Nodal Agencies (SNAs) and other Government Agencies or SECI. (Dr. G Prasad) Scientist-F/ Director 01.03.2017
- Wind Loads on Utility Scale Solar PV Power Plants
- How will GST impact Solar Projects in India
- Solar power tariffs close to sub Rs 3 per unit mark
- Renewables 2016 Global Status Report
- The best and worst countries in the world when it comes to air pollution and electricity use
- Budget 2017 – Solar / Renewable Synopsis
- Agenda Note for National Review Meeting of State Principal Secretaries and State Nodal Agencies of Renewable Energy on 23rd and 24th January 2017-New Delhi
- Andhra Pradesh Asia Biomass Business central electricity regulatory commission CERC China climate Coal Concentrated Solar Power CSP Delhi DISCOM Electricity generation energy environment European Union First Solar Germany Gujarat Hydro India Japan Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission JNNSM Karnataka kilowatt hour Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Ministry of New and Renewable Energy mnre natgrp Natural Group new Delhi NVVN Photovoltaic Photovoltaic system policy Power power plants Punjab PV Rajasthan RE REC Renewable Renewable Energy Renewable Energy Certificates Renewables science SECI Solar solar blog solar blog india Solar Cell Solar cells solar energy Solar India Solar Modules Solar Panel Solar Panels Solar Power solar power plants solar power projects Solar PV Solar Rooftop Solar rooftops Solar Thermal Tamil Nadu technology united states Uttar Pradesh Watt Wind Wind Power